The Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (IIT Kanpur), the Gujarat National Law University (GNLU), and the Indian Institute of Management-Ahmadabad (IIMA) has decided to conduct the Second International Conference on Law and Economics from September 2 to 3, 2016. The conference is conducted with a view to transform the behavior of individuals in the society and fundamental social values and trends to get the wellbeing of the society. The conference also highlights the institutional situations which helps to new legal strategies. The broad themes of the conference includes:
- Law and Economics of Private and Public Laws: Law and Economics of Property law, Contract law, Tort law, Corporation law, Competition law, Labour Law, Administrative law with special emphasis on Developing Countries
- Environmental Challenges: The Paris Agreement on Climate Change will initiate institutional climate change. It will also bring to the fore issues like land use policy, environmental regulation, trade and the environment, environmental refugees, and global governance
- Consumer Contracts: J K Galbraith’s revised sequence prevails over goods and services. The standard form of contracts by the industrial empires forces consumers to take-it or leave-it in the sectors such as e-commerce, Housing, Insurance, Medical Services, and the Market for Human Organs
- Crime against Women: Atrocities against women, gender discrimination at home or workplace or both
- IPRs: Policy framework on Innovation and Invention, Patenting controversies in the Indian Pharmaceutical Industry, and Trade Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights
- Law and Finance: Financial reforms in India relating to issues such as Financial inclusion, the supremacy of the Reserve Bank of India regarding monetary policy, Cyber Crimes, Stock Regulating Exchanges and Trading thereon including High Frequency Trading, Sovereign Bankruptcy, Tax Evasion, Black Money, Basel and Financial Stability Board norms, WTO and the Financial Services
- Constitutional functionaries and the Public Trust: The Constitutional issues such as Judicial Appointments, Judicial Overreach, Disqualification of Convicted Representatives, and Fixed Tenure for Bureaucrats.
In the conference, the participants will get the chance to have a discussion on interdisciplinary transformational research. The ongoing questions in the society are the real concepts on techno-economic and management.Therefore, it is necessary to frame good policies with the suggestions from technocrats, practitioners as well the professionals. This conference will look into new rules and regulations for the promotions of society and also discuss the provisions of the present legislation in force. The conference further aims to constitute a basis for interacting with experts in the relevant field under discussion, promote academic activities related with interdisciplinary comparative policy which includes interaction with academicians, professionals etc and also to publish the conference proceedings.
The abstracts send by the participants will be reviewed by the expert committee. The review will focus on the original work, relevance of the topic etc. The acceptance of the abstract will be intimated to the participants by May 5, 2016. The abstract shall contain 300 words which should be send to firstname.lastname@example.org before by March 31, 2016. Full papers should be submitted before July 30, 2016.
Submission of Abstracts: 31.03.2016
Intimation of Acceptance: 5.05.2016
Submission of Papers: 30.07.2016
Date of Conference: 3.09.2016 – 4.09.2016
For Registration: Click Here
For other details contact:
1.Prof. Uday Racherla Department of Industrial and Management Engineering Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur Email: email@example.com Contact:+ 91 8960658120 2.Prof. P Kulshreshtha Department of Humanities and Social Sciences Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Contact:+91 9410130879 3.Prof. Tarun Gupta Department of Civil Engineering Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur Email: email@example.com Contact:+91 512 679 7128 4.Prof. S K Mathur Department of Humanities and Social Sciences Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Contact:+91 9935754731