According to the provisions of the Companies Act, is there any Event Based Returns that are to be filed
on behalf of the Company?
A company required to file certain returns when any of the important affairs occurred in the company such as issuance of notice of general annual meeting, appointment of directors, passing any resolutions for taking the important decision in the affairs of the company. Such returns are called event based returns. Filing of returns with ROC and other statutory bodies is a part of the compliance procedure under various laws related to the company affairs.
A few important forms for filing are given below:
- As per Company Act, 2013, the following are the event based returns to be filed within the prescribed period stipulated in the Act.
- Under Section 12(2) & (4) of the Act, r/w rules 25 and 27 of the Companies (Incorporation) Rule, 2014, notice & verification of Situation or Change of Situation of registered office in form INC-22 ( Form 18, Companies Act, 1956) to be filed with the Registrar within 30 days from the date of Incorporation, within 15th day of the change in situation of Registered Office
- As per Section 39(4) and 42(9) r/w rule 12 and 14 of Companies (Prospectus and Allotment of Securities) Rule, 2014 return of allotment of Securities in PAS-3 (Form 2, Company, 1956) to be filed with Registrar of Companies within 30 days from the date of Allotment of Securities.
- As per Section 137(1) of Act, 2013 r/w rule 12 of Companies (Accounts) Rules, 2014, Financial Statements in AOC-4 to be filed with ROC within 30 days from the date of Annual General Meeting.
- As per Section 94(1), 117(1) of Act, 2013, resolutions or agreements to be filed with ROC in MGT-14 (Form 23 under the Companies Act, 1956) within 30 days from the date of passing of resolution or execution of agreement.
- Returns of appointment of Managing director or whole- time director or Manager in MR-1 (Form 25C of Companies Act, 1956) to be filed with ROC within 60 days from the date of such appointment
- Report on Annual General Meeting in MGT-15 with ROC under Section 121(1), 121(2) of the Companies Act, 1956, of listed Public Company within 30 days from date of completion of Annual General Meeting
- Return of Changes in shareholding of promoters and shareholders in MGT-10 to be filed with ROC as per Section 93 of the Companies Act, 2013 within 15 days of such change
- Return of appointment/cessation or change in designation of Directors under Section 7(1)(C), 168 & 170(2) of Act, 2013 within 30 days of appointment or termination or change with ROC
Read Also: The Companies Act, 2013
Few other forms include
SH-8 – Letter of offer to be filed before ROC before buy-back of securities, and SH – 11 – Return of buy back of securities to be filed within 30 days form the date of completion of buy back of shares.
DIR-11 – Notice of Resignation of a Director with ROC to be filed within 30 days from the date of resignation.
ADT-1 Registration of Creation/Modification of Charge – Notice of Appointment of Auditor by the Company with ROC within 15 days of such appointment.
Various other return filing are there for Registration of Creation/Modification, satisfaction of Charge, other various events in the internal affairs of the company.
Adv. Anitha Gutti