The 2nd National Moot Court and Debate Competition organised by Law Centre-II Faculty of Law, Delhi University in collaboration with SCC Online, principal sponsor, CIAC Construction Industry Arbitration Council, associate sponsor, and Lawctopus, Media sponsor, on 27th -29th March, 2015.
The Law Faculty, well known to be one of the oldest and largest law schools was established in 1924, and it has one of the largest law libraries in the country. In 1970, The Faculty of Law started two new evening centers: Law Centre-I at Mandir Marg and Law Centre-II at Atma Ram Sanatan Dharma college premises, Dhaula Kuan in 1971.
- Each team should participate in both Moot court and debate competition.
- Maximum number per team is 4 participants.. Team on their choice can split two member team for moot court and other two-member for Debate competition or else 3 member team (2 speakers and one researcher) for moot court and one member of moot court may join with other speaker in the Debate
- A team may also be two member team for both Moot Court and then to Debate competition.
Moot Court Problem: Yudhishtir and Draupadi got married. Both got an opportunity to work at lawyer office. Draupadi became pregnant and left job. Yudhishtir and Draupadi were blessed with a girl child named Kunti. Yudhishtir continued to work as a Court-Clerk, while Draupadi stayed home to take care of their daughter Kunti. Draupadi joined the clinic as receptionist-cum-manager. Yudhishtir and Draupadi started to exchange heated arguments in looking after Kunti. Draupadi, left matrimonial home and shifted to a separate accommodation with Kunti. Draupadi filed Petition No. 420/2014 in the MMC (Gangakinara District) seeking maintenance for herself and her daughter under Section 125 of CrPC along with application for interim maintenance Draupadi also filed application under Section 12 of the Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act, 2005 in the Court (Gangakinara District) for same relief. Yudhistir filed a petition under Section 9 of the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955. Draupadi agreed to live with Yudhistar. Yudhishtir filed applications (Application Nos. 111-112/2015) (Gangakinara District) to dismiss petitions filed for maintenance on the ground of adultery. Draupadi registered FIR No.
786/2015 at PS Dwarka under Section 376/34 IPC against Duryodhana (man shown by husband alleging adultery) and Yudhishtir alleging that Duryodhana raped her upon directions of her husband Yudhishtir. Apprehending arrest from police, Yudhistir filed application (Bail Application No. 108/2015) before Sessions Court (Gangakinara District) seeking anticipatory bail. Court allowed Application Nos.111-112/2015, observing that Draupadi living in adultery. Court (Gangakinara District) dismissed Application No.129/2015, stating that no material to proceed against Mr.Arjun Panda. Sessions Court (Gangakinara District) noted that Bail Application No. 108/2015, Revision Petition No. 6/2015 and Revision Petition No. 7/2015 arise out of same set of facts, decided to hear arguments on same day.
- Teams should participate and do the arguments in said application
- Himanshu Satija – +919891467183
- Himanshu Garg – +919899232274
- Neha Mehta – +918527028482
- Ashwin Nayar – +919971578864
- Sanya Kapoor – +919999063613
- Dr. Rajni Abbi – +918130892011
- Dr. Vageshwari Deswal- +919560159019
- Dr.Pinky Sharma – +917042348668
Debate Competition Rules
- A team with 2 candidates from recognized university/institute/college pursuing 3/5 years LLB eligible to participate,
- Each speaker will get 5 (4+1), minutes in total for debate.
- The language to be followed is English.
- The registration of only first 36 teams entertained.
- The judgment of the jury be final and binding on the teams.
- The Debate Organizing Committee has the power to change the rules and regulations at any point of time.
Prizes for the competition:
- Winning Team: A trophy and cash prize of Rs 10,000
- Best Speaker : A trophy and cash prize of Rs 5000
Email Address for communication: email@example.com
Important Dates :
- Last date for sending clarifications to competition module – 20.03.2015
- Last date for soft copy of submission of Registration form and demand draft by email -19.03.2015
- Last date for hard copy of submission of Registration form and demand draft by email -19.03.2015 – 27.03.2015
- Last date for sending memorials soft copy by email– 22.03.2015
- Confirmation of travel by Teams – 20.03.2015
- Inauguration – 27.03.2015
- Preliminary and quarter final rounds – 28.03.2014
- Semi Final and Final – 29.03.2015
by Anitha Gutti