Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law Punjab Act, (Punjab Act No. 12 of 2006) was passed by State of Punjab and established Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL) in Punjab. The Act was passed to incorporate University for expansion and improvement of Legal education and to distribute the knowledge, to promote research skills among law students, to address the significance of law students’ role in the national development by adopting the systematic training programs in the form of conducting by lectures, seminars, symposia, workshops and conferences on various legal issues in the government. In an effort to accomplish the objective of the said Act, Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law organizing the National Seminar on “Right to Service and Good Governance” on 4th of April, 2015. The seminar is a one-day event and is being sponsored by Right to Service Commission of Punjab.
RGNUL chosen “Right to Service and Good Governance” as seminar topic to explore the obligations of the public officers to deliver their services to the people of Punjab in time. The Act has conferred right to the people to obtain the services from the public officers free of any kind of annoyance and kickbacks, in time-bound manner through efficient service delivery mechanism by which people could attain maximum benefits and would enhance their reliance on Government. Punjab Right to Service Commission was formed under Punjab Right to Service Act, 2011 to regulate the services that come under the purview of the Act to deliver the said services in timely manner without any hassles or demand of any kind of kickbacks from the public.
The main intention behind conducting the Seminar is concentrate more on the objectives of the Punjab Right to Service Act to emphasize the importance of subject and practice of services that are guaranteed throughout the nation in order to create awareness to the citizens of the Nation that they have the right to attain such services from the Government, also to bind service providers to the obligations under the said Act, and to make them setting aside their practice of keeping the tasks pending and causing great difficulty to the public. Seminar therefore intended to discuss such real challenges laid down under various themes as given below:
Themes of the Seminar:
- Right to Service and Protection of Human Rights
- Right to Service and the Problem of Corruption
- Consumerism and the Right to Service.
- Privatization of Service Sector in India.
- Social Science Perspective of Right to Service.
- Right to Service as a tool for Good Governance.
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT) for better implementation of Right to Service Act.
- Need for uniform legislation on Right to Service.
- Redressal Mechanism of disputes under Right to Service Act.
- The State Right to Service Commission: An appraisal from 2011 – 2015.
Seminar is open to any members of the educational institutions, students, practitioners, research students, scholars on the above given topics and it is notified that the selected papers will be published in a book type with ISBN number. Paper should not be more than 6000 words and to be submitted complying the specifications of the format given the pamphlet. The papers to be submitted on the day of Seminar. The abstract should be prepared with at least 300 – 350 words with author’s profile with contact details and email ID.
Web Conference Session at the time of Seminar would be provided on demand with prescribed fee. Please see www.rgnul.ac.in. for obtaining slots of Web Conference. Registration fee to be sent vide demand draft in favour of “Registrar, RGNUL, Punjab” payable at Patiala on or before March 25, 2015. Registration fee quoted Rs. 700/- for students, Rs. 1000/- for teachers, Rs. 1600/- for co-authors (only 2 co-authors allowed). Accommodation could availed on payment .
Important Dates and Contacts Details :
- Last Date for Submission of Abstract – March 3, 2015
- Full Paper Submission (Soft Copy) – March 20, 2015
- Full Paper Submission (Hard Copy) & Registration Fees – March 25, 2015
- All papers to be sent to email ID – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Coordinator – Mr. Prashant Meharchandani – Ph: 08968786937; email@example.com
- Registration Fees and Hard Copy of Full Paper to be sent to : Ms. Geetika Walia Assistant Professor of Law Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab Bhadson Road, Sidhuwal, Patiala, 147006.
by Anitha Gutti